Air Duct Cleaning Matthews NC
Air ducts are the pathways throw which your ventilation, heating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system supplies heated or cooled air throughout your home. The health risk of indoor air pollution in the US has been classified as an environmental risk and cleaning air ducts has shown to significantly reduce such air contaminants, making your home much healthier.
What is Air Duct Cleaning?
Air duct cleaning is the removal of debris, dust, and other contaminants which accumulate in your air conditioning system ductwork. Cleaning air ducts is highly essential as they function as your home’s circulatory system.
Some ductworks are usually installed in out-of-sight locations such as above ceilings or behind walls, making their maintenance such cleaning of air ducts easily neglected. A lot of people forget to continue with their air duct cleaning routine, which leads to indoor air quality problems.
Why is Important to Clean Air Duct?
- Improves Indoor Air Quality: The air that pushes itself through the dirty, dusty and mold-infested ducts, is the same air you and your family breathe every day. So, without cleaning the ducts, allergens such as pollen and pet dander can settle in the ducts and re-enter your home via the supply registers. These particles may not necessarily be hazardous to your health, but people with allergies, asthma, or other respiratory complications suffer from them.
- Boost energy efficiency: Debris and dust limit airflow to and from your HVAC system components. In the case of clogged ducts, your furnace and air conditioner will have to operate less smoothly, thus consuming more energy than usual. Air duct cleaning helps to clear off pollutants that help to keep the performance of the units at peak efficiency.
- Reduces Running Costs: If you clean, maintain and remove blockages in the air ducts regularly, you’re cutting down the overall costs of running your air conditioning and heating system. Improved airflow implies that your heating and cooling system is not consuming so much electrical energy. Note that cleaned ductwork leads to increase energy efficiency, better performance and a higher lifespan for your HVAC units. All these, therefore, translate into less money being spent on maintenance and repair costs.
- Protect heating & cooling equipment: If a ventilation system is dirty, it can easily clog air conditioner coils, contaminate blower wheels and cause other issues that are costly to fix. To have a long-lasting HVAC system, make duct cleaning a priority.
How Does Air Duct Cleaning Work?
Are you wondering what air duct cleaning technicians have to do when they show up at your home? Check out how the cleaning duct cleaning works:
- Step 1: The actual cleaning begins with a professional inspecting the state of your ducts and maybe drilling some holes into your ductwork for the process. Don’t bother! The holes will be sealed later. The inspection will also involve looking for duct cracks and leaks.
- Step 2: Licensed duct cleaners will use a powerful large vacuum to get rid of the cleaned duct debris.
- Step 3: The cleaners insert manual, or motorized brushes in the ducts. These brushes mostly go through vents and intakes.
- Step 4: The cleaners use the vacuums to suck up all debris from the pipes.
- Step 5: Cleaning away dirt from the heating/cooling unit.
- Step 6: Sealing back the unit and cleaning the cover of the vent.
How Often Should You Clean Air Ducts?
According to suggestions NADCA gives, cleaning vents and ducts every three to five years is the ideal time to clean the air duct. However, other factors may also give you an excellent reason to clean them. Some homeowners may want it cleaned a little more frequently. NADCA also suggests that if you live with pets or are a smoker, you need to clean your air duct more often. The same applies in case you have a family member who is a victim of any allergy or chronic lung problem.
Air duct cleaning is crucial in improving the indoor air quality your home enjoys. Regular duct cleaning is the only ideal way you can get rid of allergens, dust, and other debris from your home’s air conditioning (HVAC) system. You don’t want your family members developing respiratory problems simply because you failed to schedule these necessary duct cleaning services.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
Amazing Air Duct in Matthews also provides professional Dryer Vent Cleaning. Dryer Vent Cleaning is a service that is recommended yearly to ensure a safe and efficient home. Amazing Air Duct are properly trained and certified to inspect your air ducts or dryer vent for health and fire hazards. We offer several more services besides this so that we can provide you with want you need.
Air Duct Replacment
Air duct replacement service provided by us is an integral part of our integrated air duct services. We not only ensure that your air ducts are clean from bacteria, mold and dust, we want to make sure you air duct supporting the efficiency HVAC system. If one of the air ducts is damaged in some way, your air conditioner will not work sufficiently and will waste unnecessary energy.
Are You Ready To Get Your Air Duct Clean?
Our team of expert cleaner technicians are available to help you clean your air duct. Contact us today!
Take a look below at what a few of our happy customers have to say about our expert air duct cleaner.
Fill out the form below to get in touch with us!